Choice offers tailor-made training for:
- The workplace
- Schools (students and teachers ‘In-set days’)
- Youth groups and young people in danger of being N.E.E.T
- Open courses for groups of people from all walks of life seeking to improve communication and conflict resolution skills. For more on these please contact me
Training courses are offered on a half day, one day and two days basis. Longer training provides more time to practice clearer communication skills and problem-solving tools.
Through role play, games, self-reflection and discussion, Choice aims to create a confidential and fun environment to explore core issues in conflict and practice new methods of communication using real or imaginary incidents.
Participants learn how to:
- De-escalate tense situations and discussions
- Handle strong or difficult personalities and bullying behaviour
- Improve family dynamics and company harmony
- Improve interpersonal communication
- Address power games at work and at home
- Identify common needs through dialogue
For a more specific list of what is offered in your area of concern please click the relevant Tab.
(Offered in-house and available on half-day or full-day basis)
It is said that house alarms are often installed only after a burglary has occurred!
Choice Conflict Resolution skills provide preventative solutions and ensure that issues, which can later cause unbearable work environments, disciplinary procedures, formal warnings and even litigation are not left to fester.
The workplace, however big or small, is often rife with communication tensions and difficulties.
This is due to constant uncertainty over job security, along with other daily challenges, such as:
- Poor communication
- Difficult personalities
- Gossip and cliques
- Team dynamics
- Low performance
- Heavy workloads
Choice provides useful tools for resolving issues quickly and effectively, to improve workplace harmony, employee well-being and corporate efficiency.
Participants will learn how to:
- Conduct ‘on-the-spot’ Conflict Resolution
- Effectively resolve communication difficulties
- Address challenging or bullying behaviour and power games
- Increase team building, motivation and cooperation
- Identify and resolve the real issues behind gossip, poor performance and bad communication
- Move away from the blame-game.
A confidentiality agreement at the beginning of the training ensures a safe space for the wellbeing of all participants and a chance to work on any specific difficulties, if required.
Training For Young People
Choice Conflict Resolution Training provides tools-for-life for all young people from the age of 12 upwards.
Training is particularly useful for:
- Young people in school
- NEET’s or facing the risk of being NEET (Not in Education, Employment, or Training)
- Young people in short-stay schools
- Behavioural problems associated with difficult home-lives and/or challenges of multicultural diversity (racial, learning difficulties, sexual orientation, religion, etc.)
Participants will learn to:
- Identify their own triggers and assumptions
- Deal with bullying behaviour
- Address anger, self-esteem and multicultural diversity
- Take responsibility for their actions
- Learn cost-benefit decision-making tools
All training is tailored to the specific needs of the group
Training for outside the workplace
Communication skills Training for people in all walks of life:
- Useful to improve interpersonal relations at home, with partners and at work
- Can count as CPD hours for teachers, counsellors, youth and social workers
- Small group size (a maximum of 12 people) creates a safe environment to deepen understanding and practice the skills
Participants will learn how to:
- Move away from the blame-game
- Conduct difficult conversations and raise sensitive issues
- Get to the heart of a dispute
- Handle bullying or difficult behaviour
- Be assertive without aggression
- Manage personal triggers
- Identify personal assumptions and their impact on communication and behaviour
A confidentiality agreement at the beginning of all training sessions ensures a safe space for the wellbeing of all participants and a chance to work on any specific difficulties.
Community projects tend to be limited by time, funding and people. Diverse approaches to time-management, delivery, communication styles as well as personality differences, can result in miscommunication and a loss of energy and direction.
Choice training is effective at the start of a project and when problems arise. Starting a project with a good toolbox of clear communication methods and conflict resolution skills will enhance group cohesion.
All training is tailor-made to suit your needs and provides:
- Simple and effective communication tools
- ‘On-the-spot’ Conflict Resolution Skills
- Methods to regain – or maintain – focus and cooperation.
To discuss your training needs and cost please click here.
Training the Trainers
Conflict Resolution skills provide an added string to one’s bow for teachers, counsellors and social and youth workers.
Whether you want to deepen your one-to-one sessions, or find a different approach to a recurring problem with a student or client, Choice training can help.
Training The Trainer Workshops provide effective tools for dealing with:
- Anger and personal triggers
- Bullying and challenging behaviour
- Thought patterns that affect actions
- Self-sabotaging and decision-making
- Underlying needs and fears unexpressed in conflict situations
This training reflects the knowledge gained while working with Young People on various projects, in Youth Clubs and Schools.
Groups are defined as existing teams and/or a maximum of 15 people working in the same field. For more information, click here.