What is Choice?
Conflict Resolution Training and Coaching and Mediation Services
Choice Conflict Resolution offers friendly, confidential and creative trainings and workshops.
All are tailor made for:
- The Workplace
- Young People in Schools and Youth Groups
- Social and Youth Workers
- People interested in learning Conflict Resolution skills to improve relations at work, with family and friends
Mediation Services with Choice:
I am an Accredited Mediator, recognised by The Bar Council and the Law Society. For more information on Workplace Mediation, Professional & Commercial Mediation, click here.
Coaching sessions are offered in person or on Skype to assist clients manage difficult dynamics and recurring issues at work, in the family, with partners or friends. Find out more…
Who is Choice?
My background in Conflict Resolution is at PhD level, researching Palestinian-Israeli Mediation. I later turned theory into practice and focused my work on grass-roots issues.
Since then I have been teaching conflict resolution in various social settings, schools and workplace environments, and have worked as an accredited mediator. Over this time I have also project managed various environmental and community ventures.
To date I have trained: young people at risk of social and racial exclusion; social and youth workers; colleagues in the workplace, community groups and groups of people interested in learning conflict resolution skills.
Mediation clients have included: regional housing organisations; service providers interfacing with customers; social enterprises; community interest companies and individuals experiencing difficulties in their personal or professional relations.
For the last twenty years I have also worked extensively as a Shamanic Practitioner helping clients, both young people and adults, to overcome emotional blocks such as: guilt and shame, low self-esteem, relationship difficulties and life choices.
My work is very much an integration of my academic research and practical knowledge, with the holistic understanding of emotions that come into play in everyday interactions and in conflict.
Qualifications & Experience
- Accredited Mediator (SPC, Regent’s College, London & ADR Group, Bristol)
- Accreditations recognised by The Bar Council and The Law Society
- Conflict Coach trained by CAOS Conflict Management
- Workplace Mediator (Professional Mediation Resolutions, London)
- Extensive training with LEAP Resolving Conflict (primarily directed at young people)
- PhD level research in Mediation (London School of Economics)
- Masters in International Relations and Conflict Resolution (University of Kent at Canterbury)
- Training in schools in Cornwall, and in Somerset in affiliation with the Racial Inclusion Project
- Workplace and open training
- Project Manager and worker in various community projects and not-for-profit organizations
- Coach and mentor to young people and adults
Some of Choice’s clients have included:
- Somerset Racial Equality Council
- The Soil Association
- Real Ideas Organization
- Hayle Youth Project
- Secondary Schools in Somerset and Cornwall
- Transition Penwith
- Plan-it Earth Eco Project
- ADR Group mediation database
- SPC database
- Caos Conflict Management